Hospice Care in Skilled Nursing Facilities
Hospice care in a nursing home is an enhancement of the services and benefits already provided by that nursing facility. Hospice works with facility staff in the area of pain and symptom management, focusing attention on the relief of stress and anxiety associated with caring for terminally ill patients and their family.
To be eligible for Hospice services in a nursing home, patients must be a resident at a contracted nursing facility, have a life-limiting illness with approximately six months or less life expectancy. Residents on our Hospice program may continue under the care of the nursing home’s physician.
Following is a list of facilities currently contracted to accept Hospice Care:
- Campbell Hall Rehabilitation Center, Inc
- Catskill Regional Medical Center
- Highland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center (Formally St. Theresa’s Nursing Home)
- Middletown Park Manor Health Care Facilities
- Montgomery Nursing Home
- New Hope Community
- Sapphire Nursing & Rehab at Goshen
- Sapphire Nursing at Meadow Hill
- Schervier Pavillion
- Saint Joseph’s Place
- Sullivan County Adult Care Center (The Care Center at Sunset Lake)
- Valley View Center