Thriving Families: building resilience
A Virtual Family Grief Program
The goal of the Thriving Families Program is to promote healing by providing an opportunity for youth to express their thoughts, verbalize their feelings, and share their experience of grief. This is accomplished through art, music, books, and discussions. We service young children ages 6 through teens. The Thriving Families Program consists of two portions: Youth Portion and the Adult Portion.
During the Youth Portion, a 6 consecutive week period , children will be provided with structured activities with weekly themes and topics. Family involvement and support is highly encouraged. We do ask that only people who are registered participate in the groups.
The Youth Portion will consist of two curriculum’s via Zoom that will alternate after each completed session. Each session is 6 consecutive weeks that will run on a Monday. Circle of Friends is designed for younger children (age 6-12). Together We Can is aimed toward teenagers. The groups will run for up to 90 minutes but may conclude earlier if clinically appropriate. We ask that an adult be available to assist the child(ren) with starting and ending each group.
We invite parents and caretakers to participate in the Adult Portion entitled Nurturing Families a virtual zoom group on Tuesdays. This group offers an opportunity to discuss the previous day’s youth portion, issues concerning your child(ren), as well as share your own experience of grief. We recognize that we are all different and reacting to loss may be uniquely different. Adult group discussions cover a variety of subjects, including the emotional and physical impact that grief and loss has on children and adults. We provide education and understanding, and we work together to overcome the challenges ahead.
- Adults will register for the Family Program: Call Sabrina Sanchez 561-6111 x 214
- When grief presents concern in a child
- All ages may participate in each session; understanding that each session is specifically designed for a developmental level.
- Family Intake Interview with Clinician
- Two consents to be completed:
- Telehealth consent – signed by adult
- Thriving Families Family Program Consent-Signed by Adult
- Agreement to assist child in the program and compliance to Zoom Group parameters
Youth Portion Alternating Curriculum:
⇒Circle of Friends: Primary Curriculum (8-12 yrs)
⇒Together We Can: Secondary Curriculum(13-16 yrs)
- Time Limited
- 6 consecutive weekly sessions
- Day: Mondays
- Time: 2:30 pm -4:00 pm
⇒ Nurturing Families
- 6 weeks consecutive weekly sessions
- Day: Tuesdays
Theme reflects child(ren) program
- Time – 4-00 pm -5:30 pm