Friends of Hospice
These past two years have been a challenge. And yet, in so many aspects of our lives, we have learned to roll with it and carry on.
Such has been the case with the Friends of Hospice of Orange & Sullivan Counties. Despite limited opportunities to raise funds, we have managed to keep alive our goal of supporting Hospice in their mission “to provide patients and families with compassionate physical, emotional and spiritual end of life care with comfort, dignity and respect.”
We are grateful to report in 2020/21:
- The Friends supported the Kaplan Family Hospice Residence by providing
Custom Made Bedspreads for the model room.
- Friends fulfilled a request for 10 personal Tactile Sensory Cushions, a therapeutic aid designed for Alzheimer and dementia patients.
- The Children’s Grieving Program has continued to operate through “Thriving Families Virtual Support Group” with the new addition of hands-on Activity Boxes, courtesy of the Friends, which are mailed to each child containing a teddy bear, workbooks and craft materials.
- The staff brought Holiday spirit to the Residence by putting up the holiday décor and decorating the tree (all provided by Friends) and purchasing Poinsettias for resident’s rooms and common areas.
- Purchasing Sheets and Mattress Pads for patients and families in need receiving care at home through our ongoing white sale.
Friends of Hospice Officers
Ellen Galligan, President
Colleen Fogarty, Vice President
Sue Wilk, Secretary
Barbara Naru, Treasurer
Janice Valentino, Hospice Liaison
Friends of Hospice promote and assist to advance Hospice Services in Orange and Sullivan Counties
It is time for our annual Membership/Renewal. Won’t you join us in this effort by renewing your Membership or coming on board as a New Member to support the valuable work of Hospice? Your $25 Membership Dues will go directly toward supporting Hospice patients and their families.
The White Sale/On Going Fundraiser
Wondering how you can help Hospice? There are many patients who receive Hospice care at home. Many patients are in need of bed sheets for hospital beds and mattress pads. Friends of Hospice provides these supplies throughout the year. Any donation, no matter how small, will make a huge difference to the comfort of these patients and peace of mind for their care givers.
- $10/Mattress Pad
- $25/Sheets and Pad
Please send your donation to:
The White Sale c/o Friends of Hospice | 800 Stony Brook Court, Newburgh, NY 12550