Hospice of Orange & Sullivan Counties has been closely monitoring and maintaining CDC guidance and New York State Department of Health (DOH) regulations regarding patient-family visitation. Our highest priority is the health, safety, and well-being of our patients, visitors, and staff.
Visiting Hours: 8:30am – 7:00pm
- Visitation Hours will remain 8:30am to 7:00pm. There is no limit to the daily number of visitors, however, only 3 visitors at a time. Please plan to rotate out if more than 3 visitors are present at once.
- (Management may approve extended visitation on a case-by case basis)
- Visitors should refrain from visiting their loved ones when they have symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 or Influenza.
- Visitors will be screened for exposures and symptoms upon arrival to the Residence.
- A visitation log will continue to be maintained including the number of visitors present at the same time.
- Visitors and patients should continue to be educated to get vaccinated for both COVID-19 and Influenza if they have not already done so.
- Visitors at the Residence are required to mask to help prevent the spread of infection.
- Visitors are encouraged to bring their own KN-95, if not, one will be provided.
- Proper masking should be maintained at all times. If improper masking has been identified, a reminder to properly mask will occur.
- For the safety of our patients and staff, visitors with repeated non-compliance will be asked to leave the Residence.
- Congregate settings in the Residence will be open to patients and visitors provided visitors remain compliant with proper masking techniques.
- Patients will be provided a mask if they wish to wear one while in the congregate setting.
- There will be no eating or drinking in congregate settings.
- If a visitor must eat or drink during their visitation period, they may do so in their loved one’s room.
- The Nourishment room may be utilized to store patient food in the refrigerator and reheat patient’s food in the microwave.
- Food in the refrigerators and pantry are for patient use only.
For Visitation Questions or Requests
Please call the Kaplan Family Hospice Residence for any additional visitation needs.
General Healthy Guidelines
- If you have cold and flu symptoms, please stay home.
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer before and after visiting.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth, and face with unwashed hands.
- Wear a mask when indoors or in large gatherings.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue, discard immediately, and wash hands.
The Kaplan Family Hospice Residence is proud to report that due to our adherence to CDC and state guidelines, we have had no COVID-19 outbreaks since the pandemic began in 2020.
We will continue to monitor the CDC, local, and state health department regulations and adjust visitation guidelines accordingly.
Thank you for your patience during this challenging time. More important, thank you for allowing us to provide safe, compassionate care to you and your loved ones.