- This event has passed.
National Welcome Home Vietnam War Veterans Day
March 29 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Come and Join Us!
On March 29, Hospice of Orange & Sullivan Counties, with the support from the below individuals and organizations, stands with the entire nation in commemorating Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day. A Thank You and Memorial Ceremony to our Nation’s Vietnam Veterans will be held for their service and sacrifice. Light refreshments will be provided.
- 101.5 WPDH
- 105th Airlift Wing Alumni Association
- The Cornwall Yacht Club
- John T. Kenney VFW Post 973
- Mental Health Association in Orange County, Inc., Joseph P. Dwyer – Vet2Vet Program
- Mid-Hudson News
- Nam Knights of America Motorcycle Club
- Newburgh Free Academy Air Force JROTC Color Guard
- Times Hudson Valley Media
- Vincent Serrano, member of Marine Corps League Greater Newburgh Detachment #249
- WALL Radio
- WTBQ AM 1110 FM 93.5 & WGHT AM 1500 FM 98.3
This day is an opportunity to recognize and give thanks for all who served during the Vietnam War, including those who were wounded, gave their lives, or went missing. National Vietnam War Veterans Day is the hero’s welcome they never received. It underscores the need to heal their painful wounds and allows us the occasion to pause and give respect, admiration, and thanks to the patriotic men and women who sacrificed so much in service to their nation.
To RSVP or for more information please contact the Advancement Department at (845) 561-6111 or [email protected]