Hospice of Orange & Sullivan Counties, Inc.is currently hiring a Patient Navigator to meet with patient’s and families located in Orange Regional Medical Center in Middletown NY. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Following up on referrals, to confirm emotional readiness and timing of admission to the Hospice program.
- Provide Hospice of Orange & Sullivan Counties, Inc. admission office with a list of referrals from ORMC daily and as necessary.
- Conduct patient/family informationals, works with the patient’s primary physician and Hospice IDG to identify the patient/family needs and develop the Plan of Care.
- Notify hospice admission office of patient’s DME needs prior to discharge.
- Works with case managers, discharge planners, and other home care agencies in order to ensure timely care to potential hospice patients/families.
- Confirms with hospice admission and finance office patient’s insurance coverage.
- Follows GIP level of care Medicare Guidelines and obtains necessary consents and authorizations to admit patient onto Hospice program.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential referral sources.
- Ensures seamless transitions of patients to home care, nursing home or Hospice Residence by providing direct oversight of patient education and preparation for admission, Plan of Care initiation, and coordination of care with multiple service providers.
- Builds and monitors community and customer perceptions of Hospice as a high-quality provider of services.
- Provide leadership in strategic planning by identifying opportunities for additional or improved services to meet unmet customer needs.
- Maintain comprehensive working knowledge of Hospice contractual relationships and ensures that patients are admitted according to contract provisions.
- Input of computer data to be entered at time of visit in Hospice as well as hospital EMR system.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and assists referral sources in accessing community resources should services not be provided by Hospice.
- Provide ongoing Psychosocial services to GIP patients within hospital including initial assessment and implementation and creation of Plan of Care
E.O.E. Reliable transportation required. Must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record.
Two years experience in health care management preferably in hospice, hospital or home care.
LMSW or LCSW currently licensed in New York State.