We are currently hiring a Temporary Clinical Nurse Manager for 11:00PM-7:00AM with a flexible work schedule. This is a temporary position for approximately three months. The position is located at the Kaplan Family Hospice Residence in Newburgh.
Responsibilities include but not limited to :Providing leadership, problem solving, and management decision-making to clinical staff.
Monitors documentation and implementation of physical, psychosocial, and spiritual interventions for patient/family/caregiver.
Works a flexible schedule to include occasional RN staff coverage as needed.
Covers for Director of the Hospice Residence during absence..
Oversees clinical staff education.
Articulates needs of patients transferring between levels of care to staff and promotes continuity of care.
Assists in facilitating admissions to the Kaplan Family Hospice Residence
Provides role-modelship and mentorship in staff meetings, department meetings, morning report, in-services, and other related activities.
Provides leadership and formal/informal education to staff through in-services, case conferences and group discussions on Hospice philosophy.
- Hospice and end of life care knowledge preferred but not required
- Registered Professional Nurse who is currently licensed and registered in New York State.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing or related field preferred. A minimum of 4 years of experience in the delivery of nursing services, which shall include at least 2 years of experience in a charge nurse position and end of life care experience.
- CHPN certification preferred.
- Knowledge of Interdisciplinary Group concept.
Serves as a role model for staff, volunteer and physician with Hospice and End of Life education.
Reliable transportation a must.